March 25-27, 2011
Submission Deadline: June 2, 2010, 5:00 pm ET
- The Primary Presenter must be an ACA member in good standing (excludes invited programs)
- The primary presenter is the contact person and is responsible for notifying all other presenters of acceptance, rejection, scheduling and any other information provided by ACA
- A presenter (Primary or Co-Presenter) may be listed on no more than two ACA Education Sessions (excludes invited programs)
- All Presenters must register for conference by January 1, 2011
How many times is the same Presentation offered?
Each Education Session is presented one time during the Conference.
- Attendees have many programs to select from and often choose those that have well written descriptions
- Prepare your proposal in a word document, and use the grammar/spell check before copying and pasting into the online form.
- ACA is actively seeking advanced programs that provide in-depth knowledge or skills beyond the introductory or basic level.
- Save and print a copy of your submission for your reference and records.
Grounds for Disqualification:
- Do not submit the same proposal under different formats (i.e. submission as a 60-Minute Program and the same as a 30-Minute Project/Research Poster Session)
- Do not submit the same proposal as an Education Session and again as an Learning Institute
How will my proposal be reviewed?
- Proposals are blind reviewed
- A committee of professional counselors representing all divisions, organizational affiliates and regions will review proposals
- Proposals will be rated using the below rubric and criteria
1 = Very Poor
2 = Poor
4 = Fair
6 = Good
8 = Very Good
10 = Outstanding
Proposal Review Criteria
1. Proposal Preparation:
a) Writing style (grammar/spelling/punctuation/flow)
b) Followed proposal instructions
c) Organization and clarity
2. Relevance to needs and goals of the counseling profession
3. Program conceptualization including:
a) appropriate rational
b) clearly stated learning outcomes
c) well developed program format to assure accomplishment of program objective
4. Consideration of cultural diversity and ethics
5. Actively engages audience
6. Innovative and cutting edge or proven and effective practices
Technical support from Precis Abstract Management is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. eastern time at 1-866-273-8855 ext. 2.
For questions regarding the proposal process of a non-technical nature, please contact Crystal Turner at email@example.com or 800-347-6647, ext. 229.
Checklist Link: http://precis.preciscentral.com/Submit/Checklist.asp?EventID=dc912a25
Submitter Link: http://precis.preciscentral.com/User/UserLogin.asp?EventID=dc912a25