Speaker: Lynn Friedman has a Ph.D in counseling. She is a National Certified Counselor (NCC) and Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC). She is licensed in LA as a Professional Counselor (LPC), Rehabilitation Counselor (LRC), and Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT). She is a Certified Trauma Responder (CTR), a Certified Trauma Specialist (CTS), and a Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress (BSETS). She has worked in the field of crisis and disaster for 20 years serving among others, New York for 911, Hurricane Katrina, and the Gulf Oil Spill. When not involved in crisis response, she has a private practice, regularly teaches at the University of Phoenix, and occasionally works as an adjunct at local college counseling programs.
Patty Knight has a Master of Science in counseling. She is a National Certified Counselor (NCC) and a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC). She is licensed in Louisiana as a Professional Counselor (LPC) and Rehabilitation Counselor (LRC). She is also a Certified Trauma Responder (CTR). She has worked in the field of crisis and disaster since 1999, working in New York after 911, in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, and more recently on the Gulf Oil Spill. When not involved in crisis response, Patty provides onsite counseling and referral for local EAPs, does some case management at an area hospital, and consults with attorneys and the Social Security Administration-Office of Adjudication and Review regarding disability issues.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- How has the media's portrayal of the oil spill affected the people with whom you worked?
- What problems did those people (survivors) have working for BP?
- How did the disaster and recovery change the life of the people with whom you worked?
- How have family relations been affected?
- Has anything positive come from the disaster and recovery?
- What affect has the community attitude had on the people working for BP?
- How did they see their life changing from before the disaster to now?
- Tell us how the oil spill and Katrina are alike? Different?
Running time: 47:25
Date Recorded: 9/8/10
Find on iTunes
Lynn Friedman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Patty Knight: email@example.com
Write to the Host: Rebecca Daniel-Burke firstname.lastname@example.org