Speaker: Dr. John Sommers-Flanagan is a faculty member in the Department of Counselor Education at the University of Montana. He is also a Mental Health Consultant for the Trapper Creek Job Corps. He co-wrote Tough Kids, Cool Counseling, 2nd edition with Rita Sommers-Flanagan.
Among other things, Rebecca Daniel-Burke asks the following questions:
- Counseling children and adolescents is like Multicultural counseling? How so?
- Chapter one of your book mentions that you "do not advocate empirically supported treatments". Please explain.
- What are "rapid emotional change" techniques? How do they work?
- You "constructively critique" traditional suicide assessment. Please explain.
- How effective is medication v/s counseling for adolescents?
Running time: 61:04
Date Recorded: 6/15/10
Email the speaker
Email host Rebecca Daniel-Burke at RDanielBurke@counseling.org
Purchase the book