Submitting Your Syllabi to the ACA-ACES Clearinghouse
Why contribute your syllabi?
Share your knowledge and experience by helping other counselor educators develop the best syllabus possible. You will be contributing to the community of counselors educators while also gaining professional recognition for your work. Your university will benefit from the additional exposure for your counselor education program. Your syllabi will be searchable by author's name, syllabus title, key words and category.
As Charles Dudley Warner wrote - and we paraphrase: "One of the beautiful compensations in life is that you can't sincerely try to help others without helping yourself". We appreciate your willingness to contribute to the ACA-ACES Syllabus Clearinghouse. Contributing to the clearinghouse is easy. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
Syllabi may be posted by both members and non-members. Contributing to the Clearinghouse is easy. Here's how:
Send an email with the following information to email@example.com:
- Office email address
- Office phone number
- Attach your syllabus as a Word document.
- Select the one most appropriate category to describe the subject of your syllabus from the list below.
Select the one most appropriate category:
Note: These categories are drawn from the CACREP curriculum standards with additional categories from ACA divisions.
- Addictions / Substance Abuse Counseling
- Career Development
- Child / Adolescent Counseling
- College Counseling / Student Development
- Counseling Theories
- Diagnosis / Treatment
- Ethics / Legal Issues
- Group Work
- Helping Relationships / Counseling Techniques
- Human Growth & Development
- Marriage / Couple / Family Counseling
- Mental Health Counseling
- Pedagogy / Teaching
- Professional Orientation / Foundations
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Research / Statistics
- School Counseling
- Social / Cultural Diversity
- Social Justice / Advocacy
- Special Topics
- Spiritual / Religious Values
- Supervision / Consultation
- Testing / Measurement / Assessment
Remember to delete any contact information that you do not wish to be made public.
Please note the following:
- By submitting, you give permission to the ACA-ACES Syllabus Clearinghouse to post and make your syllabus available to all ACA and ACES members. Adaptations or portions of your syllabi may be used by ACA and ACES members for classroom application.
- By submitting your syllabus to the ACA-ACES Syllabus Clearinghouse, you confirm that this information is accurate, that it is your own work and that you give permission to ACA to post this work.
- Your submission confirms that your syllabus does not contain any copyrighted material.
- By submitting, you agree that your syllabi may be used to promote the ACA-ACES Syllabus Clearinghouse.
- You also confirm that there will be no remuneration for your contribution.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is the email address to send in my syllabus? Send your syllabus to the ACA librarian at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who can submit syllabi? Submission is open to all counselor educators, but only ACA and ACES members may access the syllabi.
- Are Counselor Educators paid for their submission? No. The donation of a syllabus is a contribution to the ACA-ACES Clearinghouse and to the community of counselor educators as a whole.
- May I delete my phone number and/or email address? It is not mandatory, but it is recommended to include an email address so that counselor educators may follow up with questions, comments and accolades.
- Must my syllabus follow a particular format? No. Any format utilized by your Counselor Education program is acceptable.
- Must my syllabus meet CACREP requirements? No. This is not necessary. The clearinghouse contains syllabi from faculty at both CACREP and non-CACREP accredited programs.
- For how long will my syllabus be posted? Syllabi will be reviewed periodically for timeliness. When necessary, the submitter will be asked if they would like to update or remove the syllabus. You may remove a syllabus at any time by contacting the ACA librarian.
- Please direct all syllabus questions, comments and feedback to the ACA librarian at: email@example.com or 800-347-6647 ext. 281.
Thank you for your contribution to this unique clearinghouse and for being part of the community of counselor educators.