The American Counseling Association (ACA) and the Association for Creativity in Counseling (ACC) are pleased to introduce a new member resource, the ACA-ACC Creative Interventions and Activities Clearinghouse. This database is a joint project of the American Counseling Association (ACA) and the Association for Creativity in Counseling (ACC). It is designed to showcase innovative activities and interventions developed for counselors by counselors. The clearinghouse also serves as an idea and information exchange focused on creative and relational interventions for counselors working with diverse populations. The clearinghouse was developed to help practitioners discover and share activities and interventions used in five basic practice settings:
A) Mental Health Agency/Private Practice Counseling
B) Rehabilitation Counseling
C) School Counseling
D) College Counseling
E) Counselor Education and Supervision
About the Association for Creativity in Counseling
The Association for Creativity in Counseling, a Division of ACA, is a forum for counselors, counselor educators, and counseling students interested in creative, diverse, and relational approaches to counseling. ACC was designed to promote creativity, diversity, and relational development within the profession of counseling and to identify counseling approaches that support growth-fostering relationships.
Please click here to visit the ACC website: http://www.creativecounselor.org
To Join ACC, please contact ACA member services at: 800-347-6647, ext. 222 (M-F, 8 am - 7 pm, ET)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How can I submit my activity/intervention? Fill out the form here. Then follow the instructions to send your activity as a WORD document as. That's it!
- Who can submit activities/interventions? Submission is open to all counselors, but only ACA members may access the activities.
- Are counselors paid for their submissions? No. The donation is a contribution to the ACA-ACC Creative Interventions and Activities Clearinghouse and to the counseling community as a whole.
- May I delete my phone number and/or email address? Although this is not mandatory, we recommend you include an email address so that counselors may follow up with questions, comments and accolades.
- Must my activity/intervention follow a particular format? Yes, we ask that the format include a) a title that describes the intervention, b) the purpose of the intervention and/or activity, c) the procedures for implementing the activity/intervention, d) the theoretical and/or research basis for the intervention/activity, and e) follow-up questions for processing the intervention/activity.
- For how long will my activity be posted? Activities will be reviewed periodically for timeliness. When necessary, the submitter will be asked if they would like to update or remove the activity. You may remove an activity at any time by contacting the ACA librarian.
- I found a really great activity or intervention. Can I submit it? No. All submissions must be your own original work.
Please direct all activity/intervention questions, comments and feedback to the ACA librarian at: email@example.com
or 800-347-6647 ext. 281.