Intake Counselor/Call Center Advisor
Elements Behavioral Health - Long Beach, CA
Elements Behavioral Health specializes in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Programs, and we presently own and operate Promises Treatment Centers, The Ranch, SRI, The Right Step, Journey Healing Centers and The Recovery Place. Our corporate location in Long Beach is looking for a Call Center Intake Advisor. The Successful candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining dedication to customer service, and enjoy and work well with a team. TO BE CONSIDERED:
You must apply on our website, please copy and paste the link in your browser- https://careershub-theelements.icims.com/ Duties of the position will include, but not limited to:
- Provides phone, live chat and contact form coverage during assigned shift for incoming admission inquiries. This includes assessment and answering pre-admissions/general intake questions from potential clients or their referral sources.
- If appropriate, provide treatment recommendations within the Elements Behavioral Health Network of treatment centers. If caller/potential patient is not appropriate for an Elements facility, provide outbound referrals based on presenting issues to established referral sources or other behavioral healthcare providers.
- Track and document (in the CRM) the disposition of potential patients from initial call, handoff to facility, up to and including admission, serving as support for facility Intake Coordinators.
- Conduct timely follow-up as needed to ensure admission.
- Maintain professional and positive attitude when working with callers/potential patients, members of the call center team and facility Intake Departments.
- Identify and report new referral source opportunities.
- Weekly reports and other duties as assigned.
- Performance measured by the number of inquiries handled and admissions to the facility. Schedule:
Must be able to work weekends and evenings Qualifications Required:
-B.A. in Psychology or Social Work preferred
- 2 years experience working in a treatment setting with clients who suffer from addiction OR psychological disorders.
- Personal recovery experience and/or sales experience are a plus.
- Ability to quickly assess (by phone) the acuity and needs of potential patients and make treatment recommendations based on clinical presentation.
- Must be able to assess the risk of self-harm.
- Must have a strong understand of addiction, commonly abused substances and their classification, codependency, dual diagnosis and psychiatric conditions.
- Must have an understanding of treatment modalities, levels of care and medication used to these disorders.
- Must be able to effectively communicate the benefits of residential treatment.
- Ability to work with referring professionals to coordinate client admission.
- Strong computer, phone and typing skills are a must
- Knowledge of Sales Force CRM is a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well with a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment while maintaining dedication to customer service.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and be comfortable with assessing/discussing the ability to privately pay for treatment.
- Knowledge of managed care and insurance as it relates to mental health benefits is a plus.