Arizona- Summit School of Ahwatukee, School Counselor
Dec 12, 2013
Summit School of Ahwatukee, an excelling private, non-profit school seeks a dynamic and experienced part-time School Counselor.
Main Duties: Facilitate Student Study Teams to review academic and behavioral data and make recommendations for meeting special needs in the classroom. Facilitate social/emotional guidance lessons and discussions in grades K-8 classrooms. Meet with individual students or small groups of students as needed. Work with teachers to plan and co-facilitate guidance lessons based on class social/emotional needs. Meet with Head of School regularly. Brief counseling consultations with students and families.
- Masters or higher in Counseling, School Counseling or School Psychology
- Appropriate professional licensure relevant to degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with children, families and teachers in school settings; preferably grades K-8.
- Understanding of child and adolescent developmental milestones as it relates to academic and social/emotional learning.
- Experience with individual counseling, therapy and support groups for children and adolescents, parent counseling and education, classroom social skills classes, and working with community resources.
- Experience working with the educational philosophy and the academic environment of a private school.
Compensation and Hours: Hourly $60-$75 depending on experience and qualifications, no benefits. Up to 20 hours per week. Thirty-two weeks during school year, August thru May.
Office and Private Practice Arrangements: Office on campus is available after hours to see private Summit School of Ahwatukee student and family clients for an extra fee. Facility fee will be charged for after work office hours according to facilities use agreement and certificate of personal liability coverage is required.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
HR Administrator: Carrie Slade email: email@example.com or via fax 480-403-9599
4515 E. Muirwood Dr. Phoenix, AZ 85048
Closing Date for Accepting Resumes: 1/10/14
Position Starts: January 2014