Mental Health Care Advocate - LCPC, LCSW, PhD or RN - 528018
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
As a part of our continued growth, we are looking for a Mental Health Care Advocate to join our Behavioral Solutions team. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you can use your clinical expertise to make a positive impact in the lives of others, then we have the job for you!
The Mental Health Care Advocate will answer incoming calls from Mental Health Facilities and Providers to determine appropriate level of care and authorization as needed.
- Provide case management services through review of inpatient and outpatient behavioral health treatments for medical necessity, emergency status and quality of care
- Conducts authorization, concurrent review, coordination and assurance that members are at an appropriate level of care
- Focus on case management and utilization review of behavioral health and substance abuse services
- Coordinating benefits and transitions between various areas of care
- Identifying ways to add value to treatment plans and consulting with facility staff on those ideas
- Licensed Master's degree-level clinician in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling OR Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with experience in behavioral health.
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted (LCPC, LCSW, Psychologist, RN)
- 3 or more years of experience in a related mental health environment
- MS Office proficiency
Additional Preferred Assets:
- Inpatient experience strongly preferred
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working with patients with Chronic mental illnesses
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Knowledge of Psychotropic medications
By providing 60 million Americans with information, tools and solutions, we are helping to guide them through the health care system, financing their health care needs, and enabling them to achieve their personal health and well-being goals.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.