LMFT - Eating Disorders(Job Number: 202483)
Working for an organization with the size and resources of Kaiser Permanente Northern California means having the potential to positively affect the health and well-being of entire communities. From our financial, business, and IT experts, to our RNs, allied health professionals, and physicians, we work together to provide the best care experience to our members and the communities we serve. As one of the most diverse regions in the country, Northern California offers everything from the majestic Sierra Mountains, to breathtaking Yosemite, to world-renowned Napa Valley. Here, you'll discover the cultural and recreational diversity that makes Northern California one of the most desirable places in the world to live and work. As Northern California's largest health plan, Kaiser Permanente provides you with the resources and opportunity to build a rewarding career in an environment that supports your success. Join us.
Interviews, assesses and evaluates patients and families who present themselves for psychiatric dysfunction; provides professional counseling and treatment with the goal of maximizing personal/familial functioning.
• Interviews patients and family members to assess nature and extent of psychiatric problem.
• Develops, implements and evaluates treatment approaches for patients and affected family members.
• This may include individual, marital, family, group and intensive therapeutic modalities.
• Maintains confidential individual case summaries.
• Confers and consults with staff physicians regarding patient's progress and treatment; confers with attending physicians regarding hospitalized patients and recommends treatment plans.
• Provides appropriate support to member's family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment.
• Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the member's treatment to include referral of the member and/or members family to external resources.
• Establishes liaisons to utilize resources of public and private agencies/community organizations to meet member and program needs.
• Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
• This position does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
• Previous post license, paid experience as a member of a psychiatric treatment team in an outpatient setting/program under licensed supervision (usually two (2) to four (4) years).
• Master's degree in applied behavioral science required.
• Current license as a Marriage, Family and Child Counselor in the State of California.
• Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
• Knowledge of state regulations with regard to ethics, treatment, patient rights and confidentiality.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Experience working with patients with Eating Disorders.
Primary Location: California-South San Francisco-S. San Francisco Hospital 1200 El Camino Real
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Working Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Schedule: Full-time Public Department Name: Psychiatry
Job Eligible for Benefits: Yes
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
To apply: https://kp.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl